Garlic Rice

During my post-natal stay in the hospital,a small bowl of rice was served along with the regular lunch.I tasted it hesitantly and found that it was good and it was garlic rice.That was the first time I ever tasted this dish.I liked it straight away and since then I have made it a point to include this once a week in my lunch.Its very simple to prepare and tasty too.

You need:

Cooked Rice - 1 cup [Grains should be seperate]
Garlic- 10 cloves chopped
Jeera / Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons
Red chillies - 2
Curry leaves - a few
Ghee - 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste




1. Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jeera.

2. When it splutters add curry leaves and red chillies.

3. Saute for a few seconds and add the chopped garlic.

4. Lower the heat and saute till the garlic is soft.

5.Add the cooked rice , salt, mix well and serve hot.

Labels: