New Addition To My Shelf....

The weather seemed to be in a cheerful mood or that's what I felt, coz after days of bone chilling winds ,the weather was warm and I didn't even need the jacket I had to wear before I step out [along with the customary loads of other clothing you had to wear each day].So,the climate being good,hubby and me decided to take lil angel along with us for shopping.

I didn't feel like returning home even though it was past 9 pm coz the climate too good to miss and we don't get this type too often!!!Walking around the mall,we saw loads of books being sold in a make-shift stall and my love for books drew me to it.To my utter disappointment all of them were in Chinese.It looked like an ultimate punishment to me-loads of books but can't even read a single word.

My eyes fell on a table full of cookery books and worst too- it was in Chinese.Nevertheless I picked them up and drooled over the glossy pictures.The books seemed to beg me to take them home.As I was glancing over the pics,my friend,Ju,who had joined us for shopping, volunteered to translate the recipes for me so that I could try out the Chinese dishes.What more will I ask!!We selected 3 of them which had vegetarian recipes and returned home.

After dinner we [my friend and me] sat with the books and she translated the ingredients and the methods patiently.There were many of her favorite dishes in those books which I have promised to prepare for her.It was almost midnight but still we sat there reading about each dish.The books also have the health tips,contraindication of the dish and even beauty tips,home made facials and packs.We have still more to find out from them but sleep conquered us.

Here's a glance of the books...



Top-Yingyang chao shishu[Vegetable dishes-(90)]

Middle-Bai bian shui guo[Fruit dishes-(81)]

Bottom-10 Fen zhong yingyang zao can[10 minute breakfast dishes(93)]..

That's a lot of recipes to look forward to..These books will be joining my other cook-books and wait for me to stir-up exciting recipes from them :) ...


I will be cooking from these new books shortly and will share the wonderful tips too

Updated 25/7/20014 : 

Even thought I cannot read a single word of Chinese[OK, well I can read a few words but nothing too technical :)], I went ahead and purchased several cook books in Chinese every time there was a book fair..Here is a glimpse...

During our relocation to India, I misplaced some of them.Hoping to locate them in the boxes that are stored in the attic...



Happy weekend folks!!!

Labels: