Soyabeans kurma

A long time ago I prepared this dish from Srivalli's blog and put it in my drafts.Today when I was browsing through the drafts I saw this one and then I remembered that I had forgotten to post it!!!!

This is from Srivalli's blog-Cooking 4 all seasons.I have made very few changes in this recipe and here is my version.



I used:
Source - Cooking 4 All Seasons

Dried soya beans - 1 cups
Tomato- 2,large, chopped
Onion- 2 ,large, chopped
 Thick Coconut milk - 1 cup
Almond powder - 1 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 a teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder -1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Garam masala- 1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves to garnish

  1. Wash and soak soyabean over night.
  2. Drain change water and pressure cook with enough eater till soft but not mushy.
  3. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,when it splutters add onion and saute onions turns brown.
  4. Put in ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute
  5. Add the chopped tomato and turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
  6. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.Cook till oil oozes out from the masala.
  7. Put in the soya bean, almond powder and coconut milk.Add water to adjust consistency and bring to boil.
  8. Simmer till you get the desired consistency.
  9. Add garam masala ,mix well and remove from flame.
  10. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.



Sending this to Nupur's BB-9 -Holiday Buffet event...

Recipes posted today...

Gobi Kasuri and

Soybean dosa


This Day That Year...

2009 - A food review - Awa Shan Zhai , one of our favorite restaurants

2008 - Broccoli soup to warm up your mind ,body and soul....

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , ,