Cucumber sandwich

Earlier it used to be 'What to cook for the next meal?' but now it has changed to 'What to post for the blog tomorrow?'.I know it sounds funny,but that's how life has changed for me.

Weekend menus are planned by hubby and the difficult part of planning the week's menu invariably falls on me.

So I make things easier for me by planning new recipes for the blog and its more fun this way.I try to plan for the week but sometimes change it at the last moment when I have some ingredient sitting in the pantry for too long and need immediate attention.

One such breakfast was born when I found a piece of cucumber lying in the fridge for over a week and a few slices of brown bread forgotten after opening it.Both looked good and I didn't have the mind to throw them away and planned to make this English breakfast.

After preparing the regular breakfast for MIL ,I had a wonderful and healthy breakfast of brown bread cucumber sandwiches with the not so healthy coffee!

I used:

Brown bread slices
Cucumber-Peeled and sliced thinly
Chunky peanut butter


  1. Spread peanut butter on the bread slice[one side or both is your choice].
  2. Arrange a layer of cucumber slices on one slice and close with the other.
  3. Quarter or half the sandwich or serve as such.




Traditionally cucumber sandwiches were served during the high tea in Victorian era, Great Britain, for the aristocrats.It was something like a finger food.Ideally a cucumber sandwich was buttered white bread slices with thinly sliced cucumber pieces.

Though this is not the authentic English cucumber sandwich ,it does taste great with a cup of coffee.

Happy cooking...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,