Aloo Channa Chaat

My taste buds seem to have taken a turn these days!!!They crave for something tickling and spicy and of course a new variety of foods stuff each day.Blame it on the changing climate or that I am bored of the normal food,whatever it is, I am craving for a different taste in my palette.So today I made a yummy lunch for myself- Aloo channa chaat and Baby-corn Manchurian!Surprised!You ought to be.I was talking about being on a healthy diet and today my lunch was a lip smacking fried dish-not one but two of them...'Oh never mind',I told myself and indulged in this tasty treat.Today I am posting the Aloo channa Chaat and the Manchurian will wait for its turn..


Aloo [Potato] Channa[Chickpea] chaat is really simple as the other chaat varieties and you can throw in anything u like and yet it is bound to taste wonderful.Its got crunch gol gappas,fried potato,sev,a little tang from lemon juice and green chutney and a hint of spice,perfect with a cup of tea on a cold evening

You need:

Potato
Boiled chickpea
Gol gappa[optional]
Green chutney
Onion-finely chopped
Tomato -Finely chopped
Chaat masala
Lemon juice
Sev and coriander leaves to garnish

  1. Boil and cube Potatoes.Deep fry them until golden brown.Drain and keep aside.
  2. In a serving place,place the fried potato cubes.
  3. Top it up with boiled chickpea,onion and tomato,crushed gol gappas.
  4. Drizzle a little green chutney.
  5. Sprinkle chaat masala.
  6. Drizzle a little lemon juice
  7. Serve garnished with Sev and coriander leaves
.

Here are some other chaats to try...


Bhel Puri -A chatpata chaat prepared with puffed rice....

Pani Puri -Crunchy puris filled with potato and channa and dipped in a yummy coriander based spicy water....

Bread Chaat-Tasty way to use left over bread...

Channa Chaat - Tasty and healthy Chickpeas Chaat...

Channa Salad - Channa in spicy coriander sauce...

Happy Snacking...



    

Labels: , , , ,