Paneer Parotta

I love Paneer Parotta.I first tasted this when I was expecting my lil one.MIL and me were on a walk and suddenly I felt hungry thanks to the aroma coming from a restaurant on the way.So I went in and decided to pack the first dish that I set my eyes on the menu card and the lucky winner was this paneer parotta.By the time I got home I was super hungry and instantly devoured the whole box of Paneer parotta.Ever since it has been my favorite.

I usually pack this from my fav restaurant but before I left my hometown I thought I will make this at home and deciphered the dish.I was surprised at the ingredients!! Read on and you will know why...





I used:

Parotta - 4 ,roughly torn
Homemade Paneer - 1/2 a cup ,crumbled
Finely shredded cabbage-1/4 cup [Surprised?So was I!!!But no one can ever guess it was there!]
Onion-1,finely sliced
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a large pinch
Curry Leaves- afew
Cumin-1 teaspoon
Oil-2 teaspoons
Salt to taste

Grated cheese and coriander leaves to garnish.


  1. Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds,curry leaves.
  2. When it splutters,put in onion and cabbage and saute till soft.
  3. Add garam masala,turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt.
  4. Mix well and add a splash of water so that the masalas don't get burnt.
  5. Put in the roughly torn parotta pieces and panner.
  6. Mix well and add another splash of water if the mixture is too dry.
  7. Simmer and cover and cook for two minutes for the flavors to mix.
Serve hot garnished with grated cheese and coriander leaves.If you like you can also serve with a few slices of onion and a wedge of lime like they serve in the restaurants.



Leftover parota / Chapathi too works fir this recipe.I guess that what they use in the restaurants as well :)

Sending this to Sowjanya who is hosting this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient-BSI Paneer



Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , ,