Corn Pulao

I once got a bag of these beautiful corns.My folks are not into enjoying corn to a greater degree so before I froze the batch,I made this corn pulao.I served it with brinjal raita.The pulao was welcomed by the young and elderly alike and I can happily say it was a hit!




I used:

Rice- 2 cups,cooked,grains separate
Fresh corn-1/2 a cup
Carrot- 1,small,grated
Onion- 1,sliced
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Whole spices - Cardamom- 2, Cloves- 2, Cinnamon-1" piece,Bay leaf - 1
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon

  1. Microwave corn with enough water.I microwaved it for 5 minutes till it was almost tender.Drain and keep aside.The same can be done on the stove top too.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds and whole spice.
  3. When the cumin crackles, add the ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
  4. Add onion and carrot and cook till onion turns translucent.
  5. Put in the corn,rice,salt and mix well.
  6. Reduce the heat and cover and cook for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.If the rice mixture is dry,sprinkle a little water.Take care not to add too much water as the rice will turn mushy.
  7. Remove from heat and serve with raita / pappad



Corn pulao served with Baingan ka raita / brinjal raita

Check out what my fellow marathoners are up to today...Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva,Ayeesha , Soumya , Veena and Usha

This day that year...

2010 - Tangy Aval Upma - 'My life saver' recipe.

2009- Chole - A perfect pair for Bhatura

Bon Appetit...


Labels: , , , ,