2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake [Eggless]

When there is  a party, there is always cake. So when Srivalli announced Kid's Delight - Potluck Party, I made a note to bake something for this event.This also happens to be my theme for the 3rd week of Blogging Marathon #20.

For a long, long time, ever since I first saw this 2 minute MW mug cake recipe published in some blogs, I have been wanting to try it.I have a lot of mugs, but not those microwave proof ones. I did not want to risk the microwave so I was postponing making this cake till I could buy some beautiful mugs that could showcase this lovely cake.

I almost always forget to buy these mugs when I go shopping and when I do remember, I do not get the ones I am looking for. So the wait continued till the day I watched Master Chef Australia’s Master Class. There, a cake was baked in the Microwave for 2 minutes and it was done is a paper cup. I was like, ‘Why didn't I think of this before!’.So I put a temporary halt to my search and made the cake in the paper cup that I had at home.

I followed the recipe from Sharmi's blog  and it came out perfect. Since I was not sure if the cake would ‘overflow’ while baking I prepared the cake mixture in a different vessel and poured it into the cups.Later I prepared in mixture in the cup itself and it did not spill over.

The cake was moist and we enjoyed it last evening……



I used : [per cup]

All purpose flour - 3 tablespoons
Cocoa powder - 1.5 tablespoons
Powdered sugar - 3 tablespoon
Cooking oil- 3 tablespoons
Milk - 3 tablespoon
Baking soda - 2 pinches [ The original recipe used - 1/8 tsp]
Salt- a large pinch [ The original recipe used - 1/8 tsp]

Choco-chips / chocolate vermicelli / sprinkles for garnish

  1. Put in the dry ingredients in a cup [or mug].Mix well.
  2. Add the liquid ingredients and mix well till the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
  3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes [see note below] or till a skewer comes out clean.
  4. Serve garnished with Choco-chips / chocolate vermicelli / sprinkles

 Note :



Lil Angel's favorite....




My Favorite...


Chocolate vermicelli [and powdered sugar] gave and excellent crunch to the cake


These awesome MW cakes are off to Srivalli's Kid's Delight - Potluck Party


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#20

Bon Appetit...




Labels: , , , ,