Jus De Bissap | African Hibiscus Tea

One of the first things that I usually try out in a new cuisine is their beverage / Drink. Beverages are easy to prepare, can be experimented in small quantities and there are no left overs.

So in that manner, when I hosted the Flavors of South Africa in the series started by Nanya of Simply food, I searched for a beverage and found one here. I knew this was easy but to find the hibiscus flower was the hard task.I saw a huge hibiscus bush in one of the houses down the street and asked them for a few and they gladly helped me out...



I used :

Fresh hibiscus flower - 5 numbers , use only the petals
Hibiscus power - 1/4 teaspoon
Honey to taste
Ice cubes
Mint leaves to garnish


  1. Wash the petal 
  2. Heat a cup of water in a pan and when it comes to a rolling boil, add the petals, cover and let it seep for 20 minutes.
  3. Stain, cool and add honey to taste
  4. Serve with a few ice cubes, garnished with a mint sprig.



Note :




Bon Appetit...



Labels: , , , , ,