Carrot - Beetroot Soup | Weaning Food

We are starting the 24th edition of Srivalli's Blogging Marathon today and looking back, its been 2 years since I joined this club!In 2011, the first edition started as a month long marathon.I was travelling during the first week of the marathon and I still remember how I ran to the Internet cafe at the Singapore airport to check out the posts!And now its 2 years and I have been a part of the group, blogging for this marathon,not missing a single month!

It is indeed nice to blog as a team and visiting fellow marathoners blog.We as a team have not only spoken or discussed about food,but also hold virtual parties like my baby shower and another bloggers bridal shower!In a way we have become more than a family now,being a part of the joys and sorrows and of course sharing our passion on cooking....

Anyways,when Srivalli announced the themes for this month, I badly wanted to do all the themes but since we have just 4 weeks, I was forced to leave out some really good ones.But what I chose are interesting too...

For Week 1 in the 24th edition of blogging Marathon, I have chosen Weaning Foods.

I have already written an elaborate post here on weaning foods, but there are very few recipes in my blog. So I am more than happy to take this theme this week. Like I have mentioned in some post earlier, I have shared a lot of food stuffs that Lil Angel likes and its now time to post some of Lil Dude's favorite.

Lil dude has just stepped into his 12th month and I have started experimenting on all sorts of flavors and textures in his food.

Today's soup is a very basic recipe that can be given after 6 months but be sure to Consult your Pediatrician before starting any weaning food for your baby


I use:

Carrot - 1/2
Beetroot - 1/4
Moong dhal - 1 teaspoon


  1. Peel the vegetables and chop them.Wash moong dal.
  2. Take the vegetables and dal in a vessel and add water [about 3/4 cup] and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
  3. Once cook puree the soup and serve luke warm
Note :





Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24

Bon Appetit...





Labels: , , , , , ,