Fruit And Nut Shake

One of the simple things that can please Lil Angel are the milkshakes in different flavors. When I wanted to cook from books for this weeks blogging Marathon theme, I was on the look out for easy milkshakes. This one is from Tarla Dalal's Protein rich Recipes.

This shake is supposed to be ideal for pregnant women since it is protein rich and proteins are essential during pregnancy to facilitate the proper development of the fetal tissues.Protein is also required for kids so made this for my lil ones who enjoyed it and were asking for more...

I used:

Bananas - 2, medium sized, roughly chopped
Mixed nuts- a handful[ I used almonds and pistachio]
Milk- 2 cups
Chopped nuts to garnish


  1. In a blender powder the nuts.
  2. Add bananas and puree.
  3. Finally add milk and blend for a few minutes.
  4. Serve garnished with chopped nuts.




Note:


Sending this to Veena, who is hosting Priya's Healthy diet, with the theme - Smoothies And Shakes


I will be back tomorrow with another recipe from yet another cook book...

Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#25

Bon Appetit...





Labels: , , , , ,