Banana Oats Swirl [Quick] Bread

For the third day of Eggless cakes theme in Blogging Marathon # 33, here is the Banana Oats cake that I originally wanted to post for the A- Z themed blogging Marathon  last month.

The letter O in blogging Marthon tempted me to post this cake and I knew most of my blogging Marathon buddies would expect an Oats dish from me for that letter.[I had planned to post this as Oats Banana Swirl bread].But when I found another Oriyan dish , I changed my mind.

This quick bread or cake was the result of going through many recipes and ideas. I had 4 over ripe bananas, something that never happens around here! The bananas get ever very fast but at that time MIL and me both got a dozen bananas without out each others knowledge.

The kids happily ate bananas for breakfast! I munched down a few yet ended up with over ripe ones. And I love the swirl effect on the cakes as much as the kids, so thus was born this cake.



This quick bread is extremely soft. The proof of that lies in the small circular plate that has a slice of cake and is cut in half! While slicing the cake after it had cooled down, I could not pick them up from the tray to put plate up.They were so soft !!


I used:

Dry ingredients :

Oats - 1 cup
Wheat flour- 3/4 cup
All purpose flour -1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda-1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon

Wet ingredients :

Milk-1 cup
Mashed banana - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Oil-1/4 cup

For the swirl:

Cocoa powder- 2 tablespoons
Hot water - 2-3 tablespoons

Raisins- a handful,dusted with a little flour

Oats - a handful for topping

  1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. In a larger bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.Beat well till combined.
  3. Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture and mix to combine. Do not over mix the batter.
  4. Add the raisins and mix gently.
  5. Takeout 1/4th of batter and add cocoa power mixed in hot water.
  6. Fill a prepared loaf tin with the white batter and add dollops of the cocoa batter on top and use a fork to create swirls.
  7. Sprinkle oats on top.
  8. Bake in a pre heated oven @ 190 C for 45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean..
  9. Remove from tin after 5 minutes and let it cool.
  10. Slice after the cake has completely cooled down.



Note :





Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page to check out what my friends are cooking in the 33rd edition of this event....

Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight Event - Kid's delight Party

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,