Fresh Mango Juice

I have this post in my drafts for over 6 months now and every time I wanted to post it, I keep wondering if I should really post such a simple recipe!

Even as I am writing this, I am thinking the same, yet posting this for  Srivalli's Kid's Delight Event - Kid's delight Party which  is also my theme for week 2 of Blogging Marathon # 33.The reason is very simple and is totally justified. My kids love this!

During the summer when the fruit baskets were brimming with Mangoes, I tried out a lot of recipes with them and this is one of those that are easy to make and absolutely yum!

I have started taking mangoes from this summer-Not too much bit just a few bites. 'Hate' would be too strong a word to use , so I can say, I am not a fan of Mangoes and those who know me well know this fact. But my family loves the 'King of Fruits' so we always buy it by the kilos and they either eat is as such or I try some recipes with it.

This summer was unbelievably hot and with the excessive heat waves and the unscheduled power cuts, we used to have tender coconut water or nungu [Palmyra fruit] almost everyday to keep us cool. Then one day I made this juice that the kids loved and made them often from then on....



I used:

Mango Pulp
Sugar
Water
Ice cubes

Scoop out the pulp from the mangoes and blend then along with water and sugar. Serve chilled with ice cubes...

I am giving you the quantity as you can add the ingredients to suit your taste. I add very little sugar as the mangoes are sweet enough .And I make this on the thinner side.So its all based on your taste :)





Bon Appetit...


Labels: , , , , ,