Eggless and Butterless Chocolate Cookies with M&M's, Funfetti and Chocolate Chips

It is delightful to look back and see that I have completed the month long Bake-a-thon!! A few friends got together and stared a month long baking and decided to post 3 days a week and I joined in. I must admit that I had a few posts ready in the drafts but got the other days I was not sure if I would be able to bake and post.

Being vacation time, Lil Angel enjoyed the baked stuffs along with her bro. The duo are for ever thrilled when I pre heat the oven. They surely know something yum is going to be placed on the table very soon!

I tried a bunch of cakes, cookies and breads for this baking Marathon from my bookmarks and I am really glad I got around baking all these stuffs. If not for this motivation, I am not sure if I would have baked these many!

Now to the day's post - A cookies without eggs or butter. I always hate to add too much butter into the stuffs I bake but the taste does feel good!And the lovely buttery, crispy texture is something to die for! But, i don't stock butter and so I love to make ones that do not involve butter. I found one such recipe here and adapted it to suit my taste

I used the same base and just added M&M's/ Gems , chocolate chips and Funfetti/ Sprinkles....



Makes -2 dozens [Depends on the size]

I used:

All purpose flour- 1 cup
Cocoa powder- 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
Oil- 1/3 cup
Milk-1/4 cup
Baking Soda- 1/2 teaspoon

Gems/ M&M's / sprinkles/chocolate chips as needed.

1. Mix the flour,cocoa powder, sugar and baking soda in a bowl. Add oil , milk and mix well to forma dough, If it is very gooey, add another tablespoon of flour.


2. Line a tray with  butter paper .Roll out small balls of the dough and press a few of the Gems/ M&M's , sprinkles/chocolate chips . Do not press too much. Place them a little apart as the cookies will spread on baking.



3.Bake in a preheated oven at 280 degree C for 10 minutes. Please note that the time will vary on the size and thickness of the cookies. Remove from the oven once the sides are crisp. Remove to a cooling rack and once completely cool serve / store in an air tight container.

The Cookies will be very soft to touch but will harden on cooling.These cookies are a little soft.So if needed bake a couple of minutes longer but take care not to burn them.


Enjoy the delicious cookies....



Here are the other bakes that are a part of this Bake- A - Thon group....
Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , ,