Eggless Oats- Tutti Frutti Cookies

Finally, I found out what was wrong with my oven!! For quite some time now, the breads I bake don't brown on top. They would be well baked but the color was not to the mark.Today I found out that one of the heating rods on top did not work. I just don;t know why I did not check this out earlier! I will be taking it to the service station soon.

So, when I found out the problem, I had a bigger problem to deal with. I had a bread ready to be baked and I was sure it would not attain the right color. So I called up SIL and asked if I could use her oven. She happily agreed and my bread was done.

Tempted by this offer, I baked a batch of Oats cookies for the 'Cooking with Whole Grains ' theme for this week's Blogging Marathon.

These cookies were inspired from here and it came out well. I had baked them a few minutes extra so they were quite crisp.Next time I will remember to take them out of the oven earlier...

My niece and Lil Angel enjoyed the cookies.So it is kid approved and so sending off this healthy cookie to Srivalli's Kid's delight event, hosted by Sandhya this month with the theme- Cooking with Whole Grains ....



I used:

Quick cooking oats -3/4 cup
Whole wheat flour -1/4 cup
Brown sugar-1/4 cup
Butter- 1 tablespoon
Milk-2 tablespoons
Tutti frutti - 1/3 cup [or less ]

1. In a bowl take the oats, wheat flour, sugar, butter and milk. Mix. Add tutti frutti and mix well. The dough will be a bit sticky.




2. Roll out small balls and press to form cookies. Place them on a tray lined with butter paper and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, turning the cookies after 10 minutes.Don't over bake the cookies. Once done, take them out of the oven and cool on a wire rack.


Enjoy with a glass on Milk / juice....



Note:

Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #35


This cookie also goes to  Kalyani's Only Baked Treats , an event started by Pari, Nayna's Let's Cook Christmas Party Foods
Bon Appetit...



Labels: , , , ,