Eggless Colorful Cupcakes

After a small gap, I am back to the blogging marathon routine.Since I am hosting Srivalli's Kid's Delight event with the theme - Baked treats for kids, I took up this theme for the Blogging Marathon too.

Cakes are also welcome at home and so I felt the first post for this event should be a cake, preferably a cupcake. I also had a box of edible colors and came up with this simple idea to make the cake even more special.




I used:

All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Thick yogurt - 1 cup
Sugar -1 cup
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Baking soda -1/2 teaspoon
Sunflower oil - 1/2 cup
Food colors - a few drops each

  1. Sift the all purpose flour and keep aside.Add the sugar to the curd and mix till it dissolves.To this mixture ,add the baking powder and baking soda. Mix and leave aside for a few minutes.

Once you see small bubbles on the surface, add the oil and the essence and mix well.Into  this mixture add the all purpose flour little by little.

 Mix well. Divide into three parts and add a few drops food color and mix well.


Pour a bit of each color into  into a muffin pan lined with liners.Bake at 180 degrees in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes or till a tooth prick inserted in the centre comes out clean.Cool on a wire rack,cut and serve.


I am sure this cake will leave the kids spell bound!!!


Note:


Bon Appetit...



Labels: , , ,