Eggless Jam Blossoms

For the second day, I made this cookie for Blogging Marathon #36,Kid's delight theme. I had bookmarked this from Gayathri's blog and wanted to try it out as soon as she had posted but somehow couldn't do it then.

So when I saw this on my bookmarks page, I made this without a bit of hesitation and it disappeared almost as soon as it came out of the oven!!!

Even though these look like the Jam Cookies I baked long back, the taste was different. Lil Dude enjoyed licking the jam and Lil Angel was delighted to sink her teeth into the soft jam and bite into the crispy cookies.


I used:
Adapted from : Gayathri's Cookspot

All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
Butter, softened- 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar- 1/4 cup
Salt-1/8 teaspoon
Vanilla essence- 1/2 teaspoon
Jam - 1/4 cup for topping

Sift the flour and salt. Cream together the butter and sugar.Add vanilla essence  and mix.


Add the flour and mix to form a dough.Pinch out small balls and place on a greased tray.


Flatten each ball with a flat lid/ bottle cap. Bake in a pre heated oven at 18 degree C for 10 minutes or till the bottom turns golden brown.While it is still hot, make small indentations.Work fast before the cookies harden. Top with jam immediately.


Enjoy the delicious cookies...

Note:

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , ,