Eggless Chocolate Almond Cake

This was the cake that I baked for Lil Dude's B'day last week. Since the kiddo was so excited about the cake, I could not make an elaborate one as he wanted to taste it as soon as I put it into the oven to bake!

I used the cake recipe that I posted yesterday and added a bit of almond meal to the batter. I was a bit worried if the addition would change the texture,but it did not!

I could not click step by step pics so given here is the procedure to follow. Check out the Eggless Moist Chocolate cake recipe for the step by step pics....



I used:
[I halved this recipe]

All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder- 3 tablespoons
Sugar - 3/4 cup, powdered
Oil-1/4 cup
Water- 1 cup
Vinegar-1 tablespoon
Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
Vanilla essence -1 tablespoon
Baking soda-1 teaspoon


[Actual measurements that go with half the quantity of the above ingredients]

Almond meal-1/8 cup
Roasted almond slivers- 1/2 cup
chocolate frosting
Chocolate balls



  1. Sift together the baking soda, cocoa powder and all purpose flour.
  2.  In a bowl mix water, oil, vinegar,salt and sugar.Mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
  3. Add the sifted flour little by little to the wet mixture and mix so that there are no lumps. 
  4. Stir in the almond meal.Do not over mix. The batter will not be as thin as the Eggless Moist Chocolate cake.
  5. Pour into a prepared cake pan . Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or till the cake is done.[Oven timings will vary]
  6.  Remove from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes but not more than 15 minutes. Invert it slowly over a wire rack and let it cool completely
  7. Apply chocolate frosting over the cake evenly.Decorate with toasted almond slivers and chocolate balls.


Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #37

I will be back tomorrow with another cake recipe which I am going to bake for Lil Angel's birthday. Do check in tomorrow :)

Check out the Kit-Kat cake I baked for Lil Angel's B'day....

Check out the other chocolate cake recipes....


This Day That Year....

2013 - Keerai Sambar
2011 - Food as Medicine
2010 - Easy Spinach Soup


Bon Appetit...

     

Labels: , ,