Homemade Instant Mawa / Khoya

For quite sometime now, I have been avoiding preparing recipes that use khoya / mawa. One thing is that it is a tedious and time consuming process and I do not have the time and the patience to stand in front of the stove to make it at home.Also I am not very fond of using the store brought stuffs.

So finally after going through a few recipes online, I tried this version which seemed to be perfect!!!And there is also another method that I have book marked to try. Will post that later...

For now, here is how to make the version #1 of homemade instant khoya.All you need is 3 ingredients and hardly 5 minutes of your time!!!!


I used:

Milk powder- 1 cup
Milk-2 tablespoons
Ghee- a few drops

Take the milk powder in a bowl. Heat the milk and ghee till it just starts to boil. Pour little by little into the milk powder and mix well till you get a thick pasty consistency. Shape as required and store / use immediately.


Instant Mawa is now ready....


Note:

 

I have a recipe that uses this mawa coming up. Stay tuned...

 Bon Appetit....





Labels: , , ,