Raswala Dhokla

After two days of tasty and healthy dhoklas, here is something that can be made with leftover dhoklas[ if you have any :).]Of all the dhoklas I have prepared so far, this is my favorite. Fluffy dhoklas simmered in a spicy,tangy and sweet sauce- an absolute treat for the taste buds...

The kids loved the 'soup' as they called it and I loved the soft and soaked up dhoklas. Do try this tasty version the next time you make dhoklas. As for me , I am planning to make dhoklas just to make this Raswala dhoklas.

And before we go to the recipes, a small word.As far as I looked up this is made with Khaman Dhokla, but I have prepared this with Palak Dhokla.


I used:
Adapted from Tarla Dala

Palak Dhokla - 8 pieces
Water- 2 cups
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Red chilies- 1, cut into bits
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Red chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
Jaggery- 1 teaspoon, powdered / grated
Thick tamarind extract- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon

Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard and red chilies. When the mustard splutters, add the chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder and saute on low for a minute. Add water and salt.

Add jaggery and tamarind extract. Bring to boil and add the dhokla. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.



Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.

Note:



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#43

Sending this to Srivalli's Kids delight event,hosted by Harini with the theme - Healthy snacks.

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , ,