Beetroot Smoothie | Pretty Pink Smoothie

The Lil one who loved Beetroot suddenly turned her face away from it! Until a month ago, Pink Pooris and Pink rice were her favorites and suddenly she does not like them anymore!So when I had loads of beets at home and was finding ways to incorporate it into some dish in which she will never find out, I made this choco beet cake and still had a few more left over.

While I was browsing Ramya's blog -LemomKurry, with whom I am paired for Taste and Create this month, I saw this recipe . Personally I love this color and wanted to prepare it. Even if the kids didn't like it, I was sure to drink it up. But it turned out the other way! All I got was a sip- yea, just a sip!

I just added a bit of basil seeds to give it an 'exotic touch', other wise no changes made from the original recipe.



I used:
Adapted fromLemonkurry

Beetroot - 1/2 a small one, peeled
Milk- 2 cups
Basil seeds- 1/2 teaspoon soaked in 1/4 cup water for at least half an hour
Honey to taste


  1. Chop the beet into cubes and pressure cook with a little water till the beet is done .
  2. When it cools down blend it along with the water used to cook it, milk and honey.
  3. Pour into serving glasses and add a teaspoon of [drained] basil seeds and serve....


Pretty...Isn't it!!!

Sending this to Mir who is hosting - Kid's delight event with the theme - Summer special ,an event started by Srivalli and also to Srivalli's very own Summer Mela

Each month,it is fun creating dishes for  Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ?Just email Min @ cowgirlmin07@gmail.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....

Bon Appetit...


Labels: , , ,